The Corel Children
The image to the left is a photograph taken by Bobby Title of information contained in a family bible that was brought to the first Corel Family Reunion in 1990 by Daphne Canterbury Pereles, great-granddaughter of Olivia Corel McGee. In 2001 Bobby posted her transcription of the Bible at the US GenWeb site for Tazewell County, Virginia. You can see this transcription on RootsWeb.
Between 1812 and 1838 William Corel and Rebecca Oney had 14 children. There were 11 girls and 3 boys. Unfortunately, three of the girls did not live long enough to produce descendants. The 11 remaining children provided many descendants for William and Rebecca!
- Jemima was born January 12, 1812.
- Henry Highland was born April 2, 1814.
- Martha was born May 11, 1816. She died in 1828 in Tazewell County, Virginia.
- Mary E (Ester or Estel) was born April 7, 1818.
- Sarah was born in 1819. She died about 1835 in Tazewell County, Virginia.
- Margaret was born about 1820.
- Rebecca Ann was born June 22, 1822.
- Louisa was born March 22, 1825.
- William was born April 7, 1828.
- Cosby Jane was born March 17, 1830.
- James Pickens was born February 16, 1832.
- Nancy Maryland was born March 27, 1834.
- Emily was born February 16, 1836. She died October 31, 1836 in Tazewell County, Virginia.
- Olivia Gillespie was born January 14, 1838.