1879 Bent County Colorado Map
The left photo is zoomed into Bent County, Colorado. There is a green ‘X’ showing the approximate location where the Dobbins family first settled in Colorado.
The right photo is zoomed in further to show the first location that Nancy Corel and James Dobbins settled, along Rule Creek. After the railroad forced them from their land, the moved to Fort Lyon, Colorado. The green line in the photo shows a direct line from Rule Creek to Fort Lyon. The green circle shows the approximate area where Nannie and James eventually settled.
Item Title Indexed map of Colorado showing the railroads in the state, and the express company doing business over each, also counties and rivers. Rand McNally and Company.
Created/Published Chicago, 1879.
Summary Shows relief by hachures, drainage, counties, cities and towns, roads, and the railroads with names along the lines. Title from cover.
- Scale ca.1:1,500,000.
- Reference: LC Railroad maps, 190
- Description derived from published bibliography.
- Subjects Colorado–Maps. United States–Colorado.
- Medium col. map 33 x 47 cm.
- Call Number G4310 1879 .R3 RR 190
- Repository Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA
Digital ID g4310 rr001900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4310.rr001900